Saturday, January 12, 2008

Processing:

I just received the book, "Processing: A Programming Handbook for Visual Designers and Artists" by Casey Reas, Ben Fry, and John Maeda

I got really enthused with Processing from doing the projects in Making Things Talk. (even the Arduino interface is based on Processing) So I bought the book. I bought the MTT book with Pete and he has it now. I found out that I could not do without it so I ordered my own copy, and ordered "Physical Computing: Sensing and Controlling the Physical World with Computers" by Tom Igoe and Dan O'Sullivan. I didn't know it existed until I was on Amazon and started searching around for other books by Tom Igoe. Looking at the Amazon "Search inside this book" feature it looks good. The first section of the book is Basics, so if you are new to electronics it may be worth looking at, the second section is "Advanced Methods" and is most interesting to me as it is a treatment by types "activities" (ie sensing movement, making movement, controlling light and sound etc.) I am hoping it will complement Making Things Talk.

I should get the MTT, and Physical World with Computers book early next week and be back to doing projects. I plan on using the projects as a platform for doing some youtube videos, and try to make them interesting.

No comments: